Sunday, August 12, 2007

26

Well, the Bean is continually getting noticeably bigger. She is supposedly just under 2 pounds, but I swear she's got to be pushing 3 or 4 pounds! I've had to do a special diet for the last three days because my doctor wants to test me for diabetes. My initial glucose test came back as abnormal, so this is the second phase of testing. I could easily believe I have it with as big as I am, and diabetics often have larger babies. My mom got diabetes while she was pregnant with my brother and though he was born a month premature he still weighed 12.5 pounds!! Moving on, the Bean's sense of sound is becoming more fine-tuned--the nerve pathways in her ears are developing so her response to sounds is becoming more consistent. I can easily believe that because most nights before I got to bed, Adam puts his head next to my stomach and talks to the Bean. Lately it seems like she starts moving around and pushing up on my stomach when he does this. He swears he felt a foot or something the other night while talking to her. He was so amazed--he said, "I definitely felt something hard like a foot or hand push up against your stomach." He'll poke my stomach and wait for her to push back--it's like they're playing a game. Other news: the Bean's lungs are further developing and she is taking in little breaths of amniotic fluid. I read somewhere that the Bean is developed enough that she could now survive outside of the womb, but we want her to stay where she is for a while. :)

2 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Oh, I hope you don't have diabetes for the pregnancy! I had to re-test, and I just about lost it when I had to drink SO much of that yucky sugar drink. Like every hour for 4 hours I think, then get blood drawn on the hour. Not fun. How did it turn out?

Unknown said...

No blogs in awhile!! Anyway I just wanted to tell you guys that I can't wait until we come to Detroit in November. I will get to celebrate my birthday with THE BEAN (AKA Lily) I bought her some cute stuff so prepare to raise an extremely spoiled child. I miss and love you guys!!!

Ash