Saturday, October 20, 2007

Week 36

We are officially within one month of my due date! Time is finally flying and we are very excited about the Bean's debut. She is still very active and especially loves the night life--at least nighttime seems to be the peak of her activity level. She's recently picked up the habit of jamming her feet in my ribs, which actually is kind of painful. The Bean is still packing on the pounds (translation: I am packing on the pounds)— at the rate of about an ounce a day (the Bean, not me). She should now weigh about 6 pounds and be a little under 19 inches long. She's shed most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during the last nine months. At the end of this week, the Bean will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position--we have never been able to tell what position she is in from her movements--we kind of just guess if we are feeling a foot or a knee or a butt. I'm weighing my pain relief options at the moment for the labor and delivery--initially the epidural was all I wanted, but now it kind of freaks me out, so we'll just have to see.

No comments: