Friday, April 27, 2007

The Fig


This is the mother of the Bean speaking. So I had this idea of changing our term of endearment for the Bean with its changing growth. For example, a week ago it was the size of a kumquat, now, Week 11, it is the size of a fig. Can we really call it the Bean when it is no longer bean-like? Adam says yes, but I have my doubts. Anyway, here are the new developments for the week:
-as noted, the Bean is now the size of a fig (to the right you will see a beautiful picture of some figs; for scale I also included a creepy, hairy hand picture of a fig, seen above; though I must say that looks like a HUGE fig!!).
-the Bean should be able to open and close its fists
-toothbuds are starting to appear under its gums
-the Bean enjoys kicking and stretching and may soon start to get the hiccups as its diaphram develops
Exciting stuff. :)